Damnnn, Yasmine… back at it again with the blue & white stripes. Okay, I know the “Damn, Daniel” reference was a little dated but that’s literally #mood when I realized how many blue & white striped pieces have been on the blog over this summer. *Kanye shrugs* Admittedly, though, this Tobi romper is probably now one of my faves! Super airy and comfy for a hot day spent outside.
In other news, the shortest summer ever is coming to a screeching halt (sigh), but in this post I wanted to round up 5 free/relatively inexpensive things to do in Brooklyn! Here, I spent the day at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and it was so nice to just roam around in the foliage if you’re a nature lover or just like to see pretty flowers and plants. Check out the other things to do below!
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a cool place to check out, as I said above, if you’re into nature. There’s lots of different variations of flowers and plants and there’s even a zoo nearby. It’s pretty large, so if you want to walk the whole thing I’d dedicate at least a few hours. Entry is $15 for adults and $8 for students.
- Williamsburg Cinemas is one of the theaters with the cheapest tickets if you’re a movie person like me. $10 per person (as opposed to the $16+ you’ll pay in the city).
- Prospect Park has a few different activities to do including paddle boating over the lake, skating, and horseback riding for really affordable prices. I took my sister paddle boating last summer and I believe it was about $10 per person, per hour.
- Smorgasburg is the “largest weekly open-air food market in America.” Essentially, a food flea market; a smorgasbord from 100 different vendors. Located in Williamsburg on Saturdays and Prospect Park on Sundays, but be sure to check for dates before heading to one because it doesn’t take place year-round.
- Biking Brooklyn Bridge. I’ve been wanting to bike across Brooklyn Bridge ever since I moved here but haven’t had the chance to yet! There are conveniently placed Citi Bike stations nearby, and a day pass is only $12.
God is l o v e, love is real.
& this is where it all fits into, well… the Gray scheme of things.
bralette, Victoria’s Secret (similar)
purse, Zara (similar)
shoes, Fenty Puma by Rihanna
hand chain, Melody Ehsani (similar)